If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (805) 541-1271

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Mold In your property

2/19/2021 (Permalink)

Black Mold on the ceiling and light fixtures Mold

Mold removal from a property can be an awfully expensive, but it can cost you more money if you wait to remediate the damage. In the case of mold affecting an indoor area after water damage occurs, SERVPRO of San Luis Obispo will be able to set up containment areas for the affected area. Doing so will minimize the invasion to your place of business as we handle the mold issue in your commercial space.

Spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a property. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy.

Increased humidity in your commercial space or property may be caused by stagnant water around the area, so be aware that mold can develop in those conditions. Mold spores thrive on moisture and heat. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to this. Because of this, it is important to try to keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.

Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors, and outdoors. Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.

If you have questions about mold growth in your commercial space, steps you can take to reduce the chance of mold growth is to keep the area well ventilated, dry, and to reduce the humidity of the air. Please give SERVPRO of San Luis Obispo a call at 805-541-1271.

Other News

View Recent Posts