Where to Find Mold in Commercial Buildings
If mold is suspected in your commercial building where people work or go to school, exposure increases since they are exposed to the mold spores for most of the hours in the day. This increased exposure can lead to more severe symptoms.
These symptoms can include things like upper respiratory infections, chronic lung illness, chest inflammation, and more.
Where Can Mold Hide In a Commercial Building?
If you are the owner of a commercial building, mold prevention should be one of your primary maintenance goals. Use these mold prevention tips to keep your commercial property free of mold.
- Watch for and clean up any wet spots.
- Fix plumbing leaks.
- Install dehumidifiers to get rid of condensation and excess moisture.
- Make sure that any appliances that generate moisture (like dryers) have a vent leading to the outdoors to keep moisture outside.
- Keep HVAC drip pans dry, clean, and empty.
- Make sure HVAC systems have recommended maintenance.
- Keep humidity levels below 60 percent.
- Keep foundations dry by providing proper drainage in your landscaping.
If you have any mold damage to your commercial property call SERVPRO of San Luis Obispo (805)541-1271 "Like it never even happened."