SERVPRO's Water Damage Restoration Process
SERVPRO of San Luis Obispo and SERVPRO of Atascadero & Paso Robles specialize in disaster restoration and cleaning services, including water damage restoration. Water damage can occur due to various reasons such as flooding, plumbing issues, leaks, or natural disasters. We are known for our expertise in handling water damage incidents and restoring properties to preloss conditions. Here is a general overview of the steps involved in SERVPRO's water damage restoration process:
- Emergency Contact:
- You can contact SERVPRO's emergency hotline to report a water damage incident.
- Inspection and Assessment:
- Upon receiving your call, SERVPRO technicians will inspect the affected area to assess the extent of the damage and determine the appropriate course of action.
- Water Removal:
- The first step is to remove standing water from the affected area. Powerful pumps and vacuums may be used to extract water quickly.
- Drying and Dehumidification:
- After water removal, the drying process begins. Industrial-strength air movers and dehumidifiers are employed to dry out the remaining moisture. This helps prevent secondary damage such as mold growth.
- Cleaning and Sanitizing:
- SERVPRO professionals clean and sanitize the affected items and areas. This includes cleaning carpets, upholstery, and other belongings. Disinfectants and antimicrobial treatments may be applied to prevent microbial growth.
- The final step involves restoring the property to its pre-damage condition. This may include minor repairs, such as replacing drywall or repainting, or more extensive reconstruction depending on the severity of the damage.
- Throughout the process, SERVPRO monitors the drying progress to ensure that the affected area is completely dry and free from potential issues.
It's important to note that the specific steps and techniques used may vary depending on the nature and extent of the water damage. SERVPRO of San Luis Obispo and SERVPRO of Atascadero & Paso Robles goal is to respond quickly to minimize damage and disruption to your property and to ensure a thorough and effective restoration